Scale object size that is displayed within viewport

RichPiano

Thanks but this only increases the viewport size on the sheet layer. However, I want the borders of the viewport to stay the same but the object within should be bigger or closer.

Another way to explain it is: When i created that viewport, I used a rectangle and then Create Viewport. Is there a way to adjust that rectangle so a different portion of the object is being displayed by the viewport?

To keep the border the same size you could trace the VP border before scaling up the vp. Then when you edit the crop delete the crop rectangle (now scaled up much bigger) and draw another one over the rectangle on the sheet layer you originally traced.

2 minutes ago, RichPiano said:

Ah thanks I get it! You have to choose the scale and then cut the borders after that 🙂 that's the workflow!

Hmmm. I generally select what potion of the model I want to have in the viewport first and I then may try several different Vp scales to see how it looks on my sheet,

You can also create vp’s with no crop. The crop is just to cut out stuff. If there is nothing to cut out out, which seems to be the case in your example, then maybe no crop is required.

If you have a single closed 2D object selected when you create a viewport it will ask (unless you have clicked the Do Always option) if you want to use the selected object as the Crop. That way you can specify the part of the drawing you want in the viewport from the beginning instead of having to edit the Crop after creation.