Vectorworks appears to be corrupted

JenK

Question

Hi.  I am still using Vectorworks 2013.   I haven't upgraded because I don't use it often these days but I do need to be able to open my archived files.  I have it installed on 2 machines.  On one it works fine but on the other it has stopped working.  I can open files but  as soon as I navigate anywhere in the drawing the window goes completely black.  If I try to use a tool there is a floating window which drags and multiplies across the screen.  Sometimes windows flash and resize.  I did a complete manual un-install following the online instructions and removed all pref files and support files as well as the base application and re-installed from the original CD but it is exactly the same.  I did manage to run the Service Pack 5 update in the hope this may fix things but it didn't.  Is there something else I need to uninstall to ensure that the re-install is completely clean?  Any tips greatly appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

Hi Pat.  

The machine with the problem (Mac Mini 2012) is running 10.13.6.  

My other machine (MacBook Pro 2017) which has Vectorworks working problem free,  is running 10.12.6.  The file you attached shows neither operating systems are supported but I guess this could be the reason why one works and the other doesn't.   It really is still working perfectly on the  MacBook.

The reason I'm trying to get the version on the Mac Mini working is that I was hoping to upgrade my MacBook to Catalina and I know that will mean I can definitely  no longer use Vectorworks on that machine.  But I do need a way to access all my historical Vectorworks files before I make the switch.   I have  hundreds of files and most of them I'll never look at again but there are a handful which contain information I know I will need to access at some point - just not sure which handful out of the hundreds those are going to be.   I'd convert them all to .dwg or even pdf them for archive purposes but that's a mammoth undertaking.