multiple extrude or other solution

ETUD

Thank you...

I converted the solid section to 3D poligons and make the crosses invisibal class ... it works for 2D plan . after 3d I have to open the class visibility...okay it works

But no way to make Clean 3D even with nurbs?? after cutting.

@ETUD Cool facade! And a carpentry conundrum!

I cannot discern your algorithm for timber shapes. Some are overlapping? The crosses appear because the facets twist - top & bottom edges of most (all?) facets are not parallel. I imagine it will be impossible to design or construct without some twist in the timbers.

NURBS for this can add thickness via the Shell tool.  In my demo (new layer in your vwx) the NURBS also have twist and therefore interior lines in wireframe. I made only a few planks for clarity.

Top OGL view can be altered to appear similar to Top/Plan, by overriding colors to white, disabling the texture, and increasing the ambient light.

Hope this helps, or at least provide more options.

-B

WoodNURBS TopPlan.png

WoodNURBS Top.png

wood facade_B.vwx

WoodNURBS OGL.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
A twisted world

Looks good in Lumion!

Surface Array is another option to explore for both the exterior cladding and the timber interior. But not perfect.

Advantages include:

•efficient way to make all the planks in one step. Adjust count in OIP.

•the planks are automatically tapered so that tops and bottoms fill the top/bot path lengths.

•the planks do not twist to fit the surface, therefore no internal lines in Top/Plan. See below!

Disadvantages include:

•interface options need some getting used to (nomenclature is a bit obtuse)

•the planks to not twist - therefore they skew a bit. Neighboring long edges are not coincident. See above!

OK, show us more as this evolves!

-B

Array Top:Plan.png

Array Top Det.png

Array 3d OGL.png

Wood Array B.vwx

Edited by Benson Shaw
inattention to details
  • Like 1

These suggestions are very useful because there is no support in my country. Thank you so much.

In my opinion, the 1st alternative is more suitable for wood coating on the inner surface. But for the metal cladding I wanted on the outer surface, this method will work very well. I will work this way and try to reach the result in the picture. I can even give the manufacturer full details.

Maybe you suggest a different method in it.😚

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Like 1