Custom Fonts and Online Processing

Binskip

Question

Hi all, 

Im having  a play with online processing and hit a problem. My document contains a custom font that when processed locally is lovely and smooth but processed online is rough and horrible. 

The font is mapped and its not Rastering. 

Any ideas? 

682783153_Screenshot2020-04-26at08_33_21.thumb.png.5fd56f0b458ae039bfba9cc14ee84949.pngHi all,

1486628583_Screenshot2020-04-26at08_33_49.thumb.png.c6124f3b14b3874e18f1bc0f36da4912.png

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Have you looked at the following about uploading custom fonts?

https://cloud.vectorworks.net/portal/help/pages/manage-fonts-and-font-mappings/?app=DCC

Thanks Pat.

It looks to me like the font is mapping. I have it stored in my Dropbox and the output is in the correct font, Just blocky.

I have also tried converting the font to TTF ( originally OTF ) with worse results. 

17 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

It certainly sounds like Cloud Services is not seeing the font.  If you just have it somewhere on Dropbox try specifically putting it into:

Dropbox > Apps > Vectorworks Cloud Services folder

and see if that helps.

Perhaps the version on Dropbox got corrupted. Try deleting it and replacing it?

Hey Pat.

Tried both of these things. It still looks like the Cloud can see the font as im not getting a font mapping warning email. Just looks like its struggling to reproduce it correctly. 

IF you fancy an experiment the font is Azo Sans Light. Fairly widely available on various font sites and Adobe. Could it be an issue with the font being too thin? 

Thanks again for your help Pat. 

No idea and no time to play this week.

A couple of things to try. 

1.  Is it just one file or all files? If all, triple check that your Font Mapping that the font is not mapping to something else.

2.  Change the font to something else that is not "standard" on cloud and see what happens when you upload that font.

Good luck.