Problems exporting ETC Source 4 - Shutters Cut & Colors

Greetings.

I am having the following problem and wanted to see if I am doing something wrong.

The situation is as follows, I am using some ETC source 4 and in vw I make the shutter cuts.

In the VW render they look good.

vw1.thumb.jpg.bf9cb18318569892348a02d30ff61ed5.jpg

When I use Vision, directly exported they only 2light turn on and 1 only shows the cut, but not the color.

vision1.thumb.jpg.45857aefbbf9b7b4398fbeb55ce20bbf.jpg

If I export it as MVR, they all light on, but cuts and colors don't appear.

mvr1.thumb.jpg.2932e3eb737f8e6f7a1dff82989154b3.jpg

Any idea?

Happy weekend !!! (Safe in home)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, AlexSawaya said:

I am using some ETC source 4 and in vw I make the shutter cuts.

I want to point out that only the ESC file format (which is what Send To Vision uses) supports sending shutter cut and color information to Vision.

When I use Vision, directly exported they only 2light turn on

Can you ensure that the Fixture Modes are set properly on all fixtures? When exporting an ESC, all lights should come over as lights and not meshes.

and 1 only shows the cut

This is odd. I'm hoping it will correct itself as we work on fixing other issues with the export.

but not the color

Please ensure you are on the latest releases of VW and Vision as we recently fixed some bugs related to conventionals and their color/gobo wheels.

The issue I see more often here, however, is that the wrong "color" was set. By this I mean, VW has two different locations the color can be set for a fixture.

There is the color that most people are used to using (the one that effects Renderworks/VGM). But there is a new Color Wheel tab in the properties for a Lighting Device that corresponds to Vision's Color Wheel (in conventionals, we use color wheels to simulate gels).

Please ensure that you are changing the Open slot of the Source 4 Color Wheel in VW to be sent to Vision.

2 hours ago, AlexSawaya said:

If I export it as MVR, they all light on, but cuts and colors don't appear.

This is by design currently. We are working on getting VW to export shutter cuts, gobos, and colors into MVR so that Vision can read this data.

Any idea?

Hopefully this helps and we can work out the kinks!

Happy weekend !!! (Safe in home)

You too!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Thank you very much for your time and explanations.

By the way, it is happening to me that when I number the fixtures, for example RGB Par,

when I finish the patch, some of them change the fixture mode and I have to select and place it again.

This is happening to me with various types of fixtures.