Can't see textures in hardscape or road site modifiers

Snowbunny

Question

Hi there, I'm revisiting VW 3D after a long gap and am having issues with getting textures to show in open GL. I'm just seeing the pad as a dotted red line but no texture showing at all for hardscapes or roads. They are showing for retaining walls and steps. I set textures for outsides of walls and yet the texture is only showing for the top of the walls. What am I doing wrong? The only way I can get textures to show for paving is to create a pad first and then overlay a texturebed but surely this is over-complicating it? Oh and textures do show if I add a border to the hardscape, but only the border shows, the rest remains invisible. Thanks for your assistance in advance. 

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 11.23.32.png

3 answers to this question

This is going to sound convoluted, but the easiest way I've found to make sure my textures come through correctly is to make my hardscape use <hardscape class>, make sure the class I want the hardscape on, with the proper texture is active when redefining the style, and make sure I'm not using any of vectorworks default classes for hardscape elements.

Thank you Scott. I got there in the end but it was about 2 solid weeks of bashing head against wall. There seems to be a different niggle every day with VW not behaving in the way it is shown to behave in the demo videos. Next day I come back to it and it is working fine. Is this just me? Should I just take more breaks???

It should get easier over time, I've developed troubleshooting workflows, that can help me get where I'm headed, if it doesn't work initially. I've posted in other areas of the forum about the dozen ways to screw it up, each of them has to be perfect for it to appear correctly. Hoping they eventually simplify things... we'll see. Just make sure to use slab styles, and hardscape styles, those will help, whenever possible keep things by class. Good luck!