Can't see texture in hidden line rendering.

Kristin Proeger

Question

I took a lovely webinar yesterday. In it, I learned how to apply textures to walls. The instructor showed us that the texture will show up as a hatch in "hidden line" rendering. I have applied the texture to the wall and can see the texture in open GL. However, when I go to the elevation viewport rendered in "hidden line" mode, no hatch shows up. How do I get the hatch to show up? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So, you have edited the texture and added a surface hatch?

If you've done that part, then all you need to do is change the Hidden Line settings and turn on the option to display surface hatches. You'll find this on the Object Info palette, with under Background Render Settings.

Well, as I have worked on figuring this out, I was able to apply a texture to the roof (which is an object imported from SketchUp) and the vectorworks walls. While the textures show up if I render in Open GL, only the roof texture shows up on the walls (see pics.) Yes, both textures are associated with hatches.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.49.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.48.46 PM.png