VW11- Viewports won't print

Hello all- I have noticed this problem occasionally, but now I have a file where it is a nuisance. I have a sheet with 3 viewports on it. One is for the titleblock (our main titleblosk sheet and floor plan title sheet) and the other two are plans- floor and ceiling. The titleblock VP prints fine, but the others don't show up. I have tried deleteing them and recreating them, but to no avail. I notice that before I crop the floor plan it will plot fine. The crop is a rotated rectangle classed as 'none' (the building is an unusual shape- a squat V and our work is in one of the angled legs).

I have been able to create PDF's of the sheets, and can plot those. But the extra step is not efficient. I am really wondering if the rotated crops are an issue. I have created cropped VP's with circles, and polygons and have not had this problem. Any suggestion as to why I am having this issue? Thanks.

Jim,

Can you send a file to me (katie@nemetschek.net) and I'll take a look at it.

I will be out on the road for a few User Group events starting Tuesday. If I can't look into it, I'll be sure to have one of my co-workers look into it and get back to you.

Just for fun I rotated one of the plan viewports 45? so that it was straight up & down. Although this messes up the orientation of the plan, and my notes callouts, it printed fine straight to the printer. Is this a bug, or some strange setting on my side. Sure would like to get this figured out. By the way, save to PDF takes a long long time on that plan sheet...

I sure enjoy talking with myself- I must post more of these informative monologues...

Anyway, I have solved my problem. The viewports will not print with a rotated rectangle, and they prevent any other viewports from printing on the same sheet (except the orthogonal titleblock?). I changed the rotated rectangles to regular reactangles and the sheets print fine. Most peculiar, momma.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jim. I used standard rectangles to create the viewports, but they still disappeared. I have been able to print on an HP A3 printer at 50% and will have the drawing photocopied at 200%. Not a good way to do it, but at least it's done and it works!

I'm beginning to think it's the way VW interacts with our HP DesignJet 800PS printer drivers.