Saved Palette Positions

E|FA

Question

6 answers to this question

So it it look the save palette positions command is somewhat useless if according to VW help it only kicks in when you hit the "Reset Saved Settings" tab in VW Preferences Session tab. This resets everything which is probably not what you want.

I only checked VW2018 help but assume it's the same for later versions.

https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2018/eng/VW2018_Guide/Start/Saving_Palette_Positions_and_Settings.htm

I believe the idea is a way to save the palette positions before you quit VW in case you have a crash on quit.

Normally VW opens the preferences (or whatever file it is) and only saves back that information when you quit VW. If you make a bunch of changes and then have VW crash you lose that work. Unless you use the Save Palette Position command.

If you exit normally the Palette Positions will be saved as where they were when you quit.

And yes, having a way to save different palette position sets would be A Good Thing™. ;-)

• Like 3

After a crash, I often lose the saved palette positions.  I tediously restore them.  Then I hit save positions. (why bother?)   It tells me where it has been saved in the 2022 workspace folder in the library.   Then after the next crash, I lose them again.   BUT I am unable to open the doc in the workspace and there is no way to restore the positions other than the tedious manual method.  Vectorworks:  please fix this.

• Sad 1