Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Exporting Symbol Data (and Location) to Spreadsheet.

Hello, 

I am wondering if it is possible to take a seating layout and have each seat represented as a cell in it's location with the "Row" and "number" fields applied using a Marionette network.  Ultimately, this will be exported Excel for other departments to adjust pricing. 

Attached is VW seating and the corresponding Excel that was created in isolation. The idea is run a script in VW to have a worksheet created that would emulate the Excel file.  

We constantly make changes to the seating layout and this script would help keep the tracking of the changes. 

I have tried to find a node that would input data for an individual cell.  It seems that a database will take a occupy a full row and not single cells.  I am not sure if I am thinking about this correctly, but I thought I might send it out to brighter minds than mine. 

The only thing in the Excel that needs to be represented is actual seating layout, not the tables or formulas.

Thanks!

Nick

2020.01.30 HamOrest Seating.vwx 20.02.21 Hamlet Oresteia Current On Sale.xlsx

This is certainly possible, but I think you will need to use VectorScript or PytonScript to do it. I am not certain if Marionette can create a worksheet or export a text file that could be imported. @sbarrett can you comment on Marionette and worksheets/text files?

Reading between the lines, what you actually want is for you to be able to remove the seat record from seats that are blocked for some reason and be able to generate a table that does not show a seat number for those locations. Or would it be easier to add an additional field to the Seat record for "Blocked" that way you don't have to retype the numbers, just check and uncheck the box.

A little more definition would be helpful to be able to suggest the best way.

Pat, 

Thanks for your response! 

Adding a field to the seating record for the "Blocked" and/or "Partial View" is part of the future plan.  Setting the layout of the seating in the a worksheet was where I was getting stuck.  

I am attaching my attempt (very basic seating layout) with Marionettes.  I was able to get the row and column correct, but could not generate information into the cells. 

Nick 

Seating Test.vwx