Create a new ID label for a plant record -

I think I once knew how to create a new ID Label that would place the fields I choose from the plant record categories. I Have created a new label using the others as a guide in the ID_Symbols.mcd and run the script to update the .txt file - When using the ID Label Tool it now shows my new label but it does not use data from the plant - it just lists the name of my label - what do I need to do to create a ID Label that shows the Quantity-Plant Legend-Size? Help?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you are using VectorWorks 10 or 11, the ID ls now a part of the Plant object itself. Select a plant, then in the Object Info palette set "Tag Display" from "None" to "Left" or "Right". Use the control point to set the location of the ID tag. Note that you must have the ID tag defined in the plant definition. (This is done with all the default plants.)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The control point is a little black square that appears when you select the plant, just like one of the "selection handles", but it locates the ID label. Click and drag it anywhere on the drawing to put the plant ID where you want. You'll see it at the corner between the horizontal line of the ID label and the diagonal line.