Save object

I placed VW boulders in a plan, resized using the asymmetric scaling function.  I would like to save them as hybrid objects for when I start working in 3d.  The boulders were in a group so I ungrouped them and have usable size boulders for the projects I typically do.  I want to save them to a customized or user or work group library.  I have looked at several of the tear sheets from VW but I'm not finding the answer.  Where is the command to save a custom object to a user or workgroup library.  I am working on populating usable symbols so I can start drawing plans in VW.   

2020-04-19 (2).png

2020-04-19 (3).png

Symbols are the near universal way to make objects into something reusable.

Only Resources can be accessed through the Resources Manager. The only type of object that can be Resources are Symbols/PIOs.

So select your objects and make them a Symbol. In the Symbol Insertion Objects there is an option to either Convert to Group or Convert to Plug-in Object depending on what kind of object  is selected. If this is checked the object will be stored in the Resource Manager as a Symbol but inserted into the drawing as either a Group (or object if only a single object is in the symbol) or as the original PIO.

This lets you store object in a library for future use but still have them placed as the original object.

In the Resource Manager the name of the symbol will be in Black if it is a normal symbol, Red if it converts to a PIO, and Blue if it converts to a Group. Green is for symbols that Page Based and scale relative to the page size rather than the layer scale (think North Arrows, etc.).

• Like 1