windows

Alua

Hi!

I am on Vectorworks designer version.

I could not place my window into the wall, even when the wall insertion mode is ON. Could you please tell me where is the problem? The window is appearing ghost when I placing it into the wall.

Kind regards

Alua

What happens when you just insert a window on a layer and not into a wall?

Your comment "ghost" kind of sounds like what happens when you insert a door or window, you get an outline and then after insertion the actual object draws.

Do you have Classes that are set to Invisible or Grey? How about your Class Options. It could be that the Window is set to use class that are not Set to visible.

If none of this helps, can you post screen shots or a movie of what you are seeing?

• 2 years later...

Maybe????? - The active class is Glazing-Clear.  The OIP (render tab) of selected window shows Window in Wall and texture by class.  Sooooo, perhaps the window inserted into the Glazing-Clear class and therefore all the components of the ghost windows are now rendering clear.  ???

If that's the problem, change the class of the ghost windows to something without texture?

Might be best to draw with None class active, or other class with no texture assigned.  Assign classes with appropriate textures to the various components of the window.

-B