Lighting device Gobo's not applying VW2020

Sebastiaan

Question

Hi,

I noticed a change in the way gobo's are to be applied in VW 2020 Spotlight. Previously we had to make our own gobo textures. Know I noticed that gobo's are a parts of the Lighting Instrument symbol.

But no matter how hard I try, I can not get the gobo to apply to any light. I can select the desired gobo, click apply, but nothing happens with the lighting device and the gobo field in the OIP remains empty. Also when re entering the edit light menu, the gobo has defaulted to open again. I also tried manually entering the gobo name in the gobo field but that also does not result in a working gobo. 

Please see attached screenshots and test file. 

973707540_ScreenShot2020-04-18at12_43_57.thumb.png.4558e43a477f99d5ead9b214c7a58114.png764393302_ScreenShot2020-04-18at12_44_03.thumb.png.f3d040df3c4b077c583e93f414a4c590.png

gobo issue.vwx

Edited by Sebastiaan

2 answers to this question

The sections in your example are just for export to Vision. As far as I am aware, the old gobo functionality remains unchanged for rendering within VectorWorks 

There is quite an extensive library of manufacturers gobos available so unless there is something very specific you shouldn’t need to make your own - especially for breakups etc... 

8 minutes ago, markdd said:

The sections in your example are just for export to Vision. As far as I am aware, the old gobo functionality remains unchanged for rendering within VectorWorks 

There is quite an extensive library of manufacturers gobos available so unless there is something very specific you shouldn’t need to make your own - especially for breakups etc... 

I see now, the old style gobo insertion is still in the 'light information' tab of the edit light window, thank you for pointing my error,

I guess I should change this topic to a wishlist request for us to be able to use the provided vision gobo?

Notice now  it was the same in 2019 too. Feels slight shame for having had this blind spot 🙂

Edited by Sebastiaan