Directly Edit 3D Rotation Values

Hello @Daniel B. Chapman ,

I may have a Plug-in command that does exactly what you are asking for. It's called Reshaper.

The attached picture shows a 3D Symbol in a FRONT view that is rotated (90°, -10°, 30) in the X, Y, and Z axes respectively. Reshaper shows those rotations (red rectangle). With Reshaper, you can edit your symbol in either 2D or 3D based on your current view, and you can view or set the symbol's 2D or 3D Position, its FLIP state, is Lock state, its Scaling Factor(s) (in relative or absolute values). Reshaper also shows you how many instances there are of the symbol in the file (those placed on Design and Sheet Layers) and those placed in other symbols. 

This is only one of about 30 dialogs that Reshaper contains to edit objects in VW. Most dialogs add significant editing capabilities over those presented in the OIP.

1491660187_Reshaper3DSymboldialog.thumb.png.45cb3412880e3d4118ec00ade12be00a.png

If you send me a Personal Message (PM) I'll tell you what I need from you so you can try it out.

All the best,

Raymond Mullin

• Like 1