Countersunk 3D hole

Geep

Could someone post the procedure to place a drilled hole in a 3D cube?  I am trying to create a face plate that needs the mounting holes to be countersunk.  The drilled hole tool places the object on the 2D surface horizontally, and I can't find any instruction on how to place it such that the hole can be created.  In the 3D mode, which the instructions indicate will create such a hole, it places the same horizontal image at the bottom of the design, when I change the z position to show it above my cube, I can't manipulate it to create the desired hole.  Rank beginner here feeling my way along, so any suggestions appreciated.

1.  Make sure you have the Hole Drilled-3D or Hole Tapped-3D tool selected from the Detailing Tool Set. In the Designer Workspace this is hidden under the Hole Drilled tool. Click on the disclosure triangle to see what else is there.

2.  Set the Parameters for the object (click on the Wrench and Pencil icon in the Mode Bar) to produce the object you need.

3. Since the object does not want to insert the way you want it, just insert it the way it comes and then use the Rotation tools to get it to the direction you want and the Move commands to put it where you need the hole. You may want to insert some Loci or Guides to help you get to the right place.

4.  Select both the cube and the Hole* object and Subtract Solids.

I think I see the problem -- when I click on the hold drilled tool it does not offer a 3d version in the 3d or the 2d view.  The flightout appears, but only has hold drilled tool listed.  When I double click it, the properties dialogue opens, no 3D options.  I must have turned something off??

What version of VW are you using? Both Year and Package (Designer, Fundamentals, Landmark, Architect, Spotlight). It may be that your version does not have the 3D version.

Alternative. Look up the specifications for the hole you need. Draw 1/2 of the profile with the centerline on the left (all drawing will be to the right of this). Sweep the profile. Use that as your version of the hole and move to where you need and then Subtract Solids.

Pat, I switched to the Designer view, still don't see the 3D versions.  Restarted to no avail.  I was in Spotlight.  What am I missing?  I guess I could upgrade to 2020 if that's what brings that tool in, but documentation that I can find suggests it has been in prior versions, including 2019.  Sorry to be so clueless.  This is what I am seeing in both 2D and orthogonal views.  When I hover over the tool selection, only the 2D view shows.  Perhaps I don't understand how to display the additional menu.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 3.58.03 PM.jpg

Fligh out menu still does not show. In the custom dialogue, all the 3D tools appear under Hole-Drilled after I added the 3D version.  It says that it is saving the workspace, but even after restarting the program, the fligh out menu does not appear.  Once again, bound to be cockpit error.  What am I missing?  T hank you for the help.

So I went back into the customize menu, added the 3D drill tool at the top level instead of under the hole - drilled menu, and it has appeared.  I am able to use it now.  Still don't understand why the fly out menu is not functioning, but at least I know how to bring the 3D tools out to where I can use them.  Thank you very much for helping.