Record Attached Indicator

Bruce Kieffer

Question

9 answers to this question

I don't understand. What exactly are you asking for? Some kind of togglable marker that would display on the drawing next to objects that have a record attached? Any record? A specific record? Only custom records or should PIOs (with a parameter record) be attached also?

Actually probably too specific in terms of implementation. What is the problem you are trying to solve and what information do you think would be useful to you to solve that problem.

I would like to know visually that all the items I'm trying to count are accounted for. In this simple example my worksheet is counting 4 pipes with a record attached, so is that all the pipes I need to count? I have to confirm this by either my counting or using the select similar tool. If there was a R inside a circle indicator applied to each pipe, that I could toggle on/off, then I could quickly see any pipes that don't have a record attached.

1505051807_ScreenShot2020-04-16at10_20_07AM.thumb.png.71f33bba0dba992a86e511189ecee52c.png

I would use Data Visualization.  As a check method you could change the attributes of everything that has the record attached. Anything that you don't set to Pink (or whatever color) would be something that does not have a record attached.

Long term your idea might work, but anything big enough to see at a reasonable scale, especially with some of the short lengths of pipe, would likely be blocking other things. Especially in an isometric view.

I just did a quick mock up and it seems to work. The sticking point for me was when you set up the Visualization and set the attributes you want you need to make sure the Apply Attributes check box at the upper left of the Edit Attribute Values dialog box is checked.

And once you have the Visualization set up, it can be stored as a resource in your library so you can reuse it on different projects.image.thumb.png.8bbb639d02adc5b6bc15514408b86e0a.png

The lines in Pink have the record PTS assigned to them. The ones in black do not have a record attached.