Sign in to follow this  
cmuraglia

.3DS problems

Hello All,

Has anyone sucessfully used the import .3DS command and had the texutres map to the surfaces? I tried this with several files and all I get is a solid white object.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Becky Muraglia

Yes. I have done it and it works fine. When you download 3ds object(s) there should be a FOLDER and in the folder should be a couple (or 3?) files: the object, the textures, the ??. HTH's

Hi Peter,

The file came with the 3DS files and I see a folder for textures that has the mappings of the objects. There is no HTH file. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Becky Muraglia

BECKY, "HTH's" = "Hope that helps". It's like "FYI" or "LOL". But back to your question. When you run the command "IMPORT 3ds" I think there is an option (which should be ON by default) that also imports the textures. The only other question for you is: do you have RenderWorks? Without it you will not be able to apply textures. And again, HTH's :-)

Hi Peter "HTH" Gee I think I need more coffee today I didn't pick up on that sorry..

I do have Renderworks and that option is selected. I have the Vectorworks manual and Im doing everything right. Maybe it is the wrong 3DS version.

Becky

Not all 3ds files have textures applied to them. It's possible that the files you are downloading do not have a texture applied.