Plant Style Tag CAPITALIZATION

KarynT

Is there a way to format the plant tags?Data tags pull from the plant record fields & without that being set to client needs nothing will change. I have a client who prefers seeing the plant names in all Caps. Without having to either duplicate and set the names to match the requested format or to type over & over-write the existing format, what are my options? Note that not all of my clients prefer this treatment.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

The easiest and most reliable way to address this is by using an ALL CAPS font for such use cases.

Perhaps there is a tricky method of formatting a datatag to achieve this, but I wouldn't bother.

I doubt there is any way to do this with a Plant Object's built-in tag beyond my font trick.

Installing an ALL CAPS font and building a Vectorworks Text Style around one is simple and quickly modified throughout a single documents when you want to switch back to mixed case.  Plus it works equally well for both datatags and built-in plant tags.

Might as well get on the datatag bandwagon now, I imagine you won't have a choice in the future...

• Like 1