Door schedule data

TKA

Question

7 answers to this question

Actually, I am in 2020 Architect (need to change the profile) and I copy pasted If from my worksheet and it still yields asterix, when I input the If formula the record switches from "spring" to "transom" which I believe records whether there is transom and not the spring value.  

image.png

image.png

Select cell J4 and go to the Worksheet Format menu and see how the column is formatted. Set it to Decimal or Dimension and see what you get.

Since the criteria for the database already included Door.Transom you don't need the IF because it will always be true. Try using just ='Door'.'Spring' Just select J4, click in the formula bar, delete what is there and type the formula you want.

• Like 1

yes, the cell format was wrong, it was leftover from the original door schedule column which was set to boolean.  Many thanks.

I noticed another thing which may be a bug of sorts, if transom value is set to more than 0 and transom is inactive it still shows the value as if the transom was there as opposed to N/A.

thanks, now I have a better understanding.  Interestingly when choosing other "conditional" values like lights or trim the pull down option menu includes IF but not for transom, that is how I originally arrived at my formula - I think it should be IF by default.

Anyway, given this experience I think it would be good for the cell parameters to be accessible in one window like, for instance class attributes, as opposed to in many separate menus, just an idea to reduce number of clicks.

I have never seen Create (Edit) Report automatically enter an IF statement. Can you explain exactly what you are doing to create it?

Coming from a worksheet/database background, there are probably more time I would have to delete the IF than there are times I would want to add it, so I am pretty happy with the way only what is requested in entered. But everyone is different.