file structure lesson

Can I get a quick lesson from someone on the file structure and how it works for VW12. In my program files folder under Vectorworks 12.0.0, there is a folder called Libraries. If I wanted to lets say change or add a wall style, I would need to go to Libraries>Defaults>Walls and open "Wall style Imperial" and change there if I want them to show up as a default wall style, Correct?????

If I want to add hatches I would go to Attributes-Hatches and open Hatches_Default to add new default hatches, CORRECT???

If this is correct, where I'm getting confused is wha is the difference between between the files Libraries>Defaults>Walls>Wall style Imperial

and Libraries>Wall styles>Wall styles Imperial

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Gary,

You are correct.

The Libraries/Wall Styles folder is designed to hold any wall styles you might want. The Libraries/Defaults/Wall folder holds the wall styles that will show up in the Wall Settings dialog. You may want to limit how many default wall styles there are, so the wall styles menu on the settings dialog won't be too unwieldy.

On this subject, there is something that i'm not sure I got correctly : does the manual says that it is possible not to change the wallstyle directly in the wallstyleimperial.mcd (or metric) file but to replace the file by a shortcut that would refer to file place elsewhere. I thought so and that this would make it possible to place a network library... If there is such a possibility how could I do that?