Possible Speaker Bugs

sully8391

Question

Hi all,

I've been having issues with the speaker tool and the array tool. With the speaker tool every now and again every speaker will disappear. I have confirmed multiple times that they are not in a hidden class or layer, and we're talking 70 speakers in multiple classes on multiple layers, so accidentally deleting all of them at once is highly unlikely. I've tried re-importing the symbol and doing a custom selection. For now when it happens I just open a previous file and copy and paste the speakers in. Still wastes a lot of time getting all the speakers back to their correct position, but this only happens with point sources.

The array tool is special in its own way. I have my arrays on Braceworks hang positions, and when I change the trim height of the system, the bumpers will follow, but sometimes the speakers follow, sometimes they don't, sometimes they end up 20' higher than the bumper, and sometimes two arrays are fine, but then three others are completely out of whack, and I have to reconfigure or repopulate the arrays.

Am I doing something wrong, or can I be sure these are bugs?

Vectorworks 2020 SP3.1 (Build 537701)

Designer/Renderworks Educational

Windows 10 64bit

2 answers to this question