Shortcut Keys In Hover Text?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before - but some tools include shortcut keys in their hover text (I.e., all the tools in the Basic tools palette), whereas other tools / functions like "Fit To Page Area" do not. Is there a way to show all shortcuts when hovering? To be clear I'm talking about the hover text that shows right above the tool, not the tool tips at the bottom (which don't seem to show shortcuts at all). For the noobs out there who are trying to get those shortcuts down quickly, this would be awesome to have available. 

Noting that, obviously you can find all the shortcuts here

And if you can find that function / tool in the menus, it will display the shortcut. Oddly, this shows a tool tip on some function, where as hovering over the palette does not (again using "Fit To Page Area" as a reference). 

Another good example are all the standard views (I.e., front, top, left iso, etc). Those were the first hotkeys I learned. These hot keys don't show up in the main panel drop down OR the menu bar drop down. I learned this via a tutorial. There isn't any hover / tool-tip for these views in the main panel, but there is in the menu bar. Neither gives you the shortcut. 

Edited by trashcan
adding info
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Along the same thread I don't see anyway to modify shortcuts other than keys in workspace...   the most used shortcuts are made for the right handed person (using mouse w/ right hand) and is awkward for a Lefty!  

Anyway to modify? Some file somewhere I can modify?

ah figured it out!  Thanks Pat, I was just looking at the "keys" tab from another post. 

For anyone else reading you can change in either menu or tools tab as well..... 

but do you know how to enter space bar as a key? 

I know it is boomerang pan but I want it for my selection key if possible.     

Thank you!