Class Settings for the Stair tool in VW Landmark 2018

I'm a landscaping designer so my knowledge for stair construction is limited but with the help of the stair tool (not the simple one) I'm trying to learn how to create a representation of stairs that would be suitable for a deck.  The main question I have is with the class settings.   Initially I created a separate class for the decking materials and set the stairs to that class prior to accessing the stair tool.  In the stair tool under the General tab, I indicated the stairs would reside in the decking materials class and I got the 3D preview I expected.  When I moved to the 2D Graphics tab, the brown fill I had set in the decking materials class was not displaying.  I moved over to the Graphic Attributes tab and noticed that most of the stair components had been put in a special "Stair Class." One by one, I changed the attributes for each component to what I wanted and got the 2 and 3D display that I anticipated.  I did this through the Graphic Attributes tab of the Stair Settings tool.  But this took a lot of time.  The funny thing is that the "Stair Class" does not display for me in navigation pallet.  It it did, I would just edit the class and change all the graphics for all the components that use that class.  Why doesn't  this "Stair Class" show up in the navigation pallet?  And what can I do to streamline the process for stairs that, by and large will be made from the same material.