worksheets / California MWELO Water Budget

Hello , Is there a possibility to change units in California MWELO Water Budget worksheets?. As i live in Europe i use sq meters  , liters .etc. This specific worksheet is in sq feet and galons

and that causes me a problem to use it.

Thanks 

Are you able to put the worksheet or xls up on here seems like if the raw calculations are imperial (when ever will the US empire go metric?) some conversion will be needed.

From pdf of sample calculation - it certainly looks like MWELO is non-metric only.

MWELO looks like a good model as it includes evapo-transpiration, many stormwater ordinances omit this, even Berlin's Biotope Area Factor seems to lack this.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the response .

As you can see the results i get are in sq ft and galons , but the problem is that my plan mesures are in meters and sq meters. So apparently the results i get are false as the

worksheet calculates in sq ft and galons. Is there a possibility to change the program formula into meters and liters and how...????!!!!

Thanks

Konstantinos

Landscape Architect

Greece

WATER.pdf

Well as long as you can edit the .xls\spreadsheet it should be quite straightforward, although will take a while as a lot of the variables are imperial - e.g. Reference Evapotranspiration - comes from a table that is in inches, .

Just remember 1m² = 10.7639 square feet, and the gallons will be US gallons, one US gallon = 3.785litres

Where has your spreadsheet come from? - I looked on the MWELO site and couldn't find an Excel file, only pdfs.

If it's only for one job it might be easier to make of copy of your vw file and set it to imperial, and then convert your answers to metric.

Well the spreadsheet is in the programs resource manager under -reports schedules-landmark schedules-irrigation reports -california MWELO water budget

I dont mind to spend time on this  to edit imperial in metric from the table ,  but i cant find the way to enter this table. Thats my big problem.

The image shows you where the spreadsheet comes from

The only way i think is to do it manualy by converting imperial to metric after changing my project into imperial .............

Thanks a lot for your time 

KonstantinosLandscape Architect1807946788_(1).thumb.png.480ba13fa530b37306ae723e00d158ce.png

Greece

The worksheet is stored in a standard Vectorworks file. Just like all the rest of the default content and resources.

Rather than editing the one in the Applications folder, I recommend making a copy in either your User Folder or Workgroup Folder. If you leave the file with the identical name, you will only see the resources from the "most persona" (User then Workgroup then Application Folder). If you give it a different name you will see all the items from all the different locations.

So my recommendation is:

In the Finder navigate to Applications:Vectorworks 2020:Libraries:Defaults:Reports_Schedules:Landmark Schedules and Duplicate the Irrigation Reports.vwx file. Move that file to the same relative path [Libraries:Defaults:Reports_Schedules:Landmark Schedules] in your User or Workgroup folder. While you are actively working on editing the worksheet you probably also want to make that file a Favorite so you can easily open it when changes are necessary.

Based on a quick look, it does not appear that there are that many calculations that will need to be adjusted. The biggest issue I think will be to determine if the Area is stored in your file as Square Feet or Square Meters.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jpccrodrigues said:

Hi guys,

Had this problem some time ago. I edited the report from VW to convert m2 to sq feet (edited the landscape area cell) and converted gallons to m3.

Take a look and see if it helps you.

METRIC.vwx 98.11 kB · 2 downloads

Hi @jpccrodrigues ....what you did works just fine ...very clever .....and thanks for sharing with me....that helps me A LOT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konstantinos

Landscape Architect

Athens Greece

https://ktla-ltd.myportfolio.com

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 4/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, jpccrodrigues said:

Hi guys,

Had this problem some time ago. I edited the report from VW to convert m2 to sq feet (edited the landscape area cell) and converted gallons to m3.

Take a look and see if it helps you.

METRIC.vwx 98.11 kB · 8 downloads

Hi,

have You got any other irrigation quantity reports.... ex. sprinklers, fittings etc...

Edited by Piotr Karczewski
  • 1 year later...