Section vp's not consistent

grant_PD

Question

Has anyone else seen this issue?  When I cut a section from a viewport I cannot get the objects to show up past the cut plane in OpenGL.  But, I can get them to show up in exactly the same cut if I make a clip cube from the model and create a section viewport.  Furthermore, the section line marker that is now created on the design layer does not show up in the groundplan viewport.

SECTION_ISSUE.jpg

SECTION_ISSUE2.jpg

9 answers to this question

Hi Matt, 

I can get the hidden line render no problem.  It just won't show any OpenGL.  And when I try to do a custom renderworks option, I get objects before the cut plane even when that option is unchecked.  I sent the file to Tech Support, I'll DM you the link.  

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
22 minutes ago, grant_PD said:

Hi Matt, 

I can get the hidden line render no problem.  It just won't show any OpenGL.  And when I try to do a custom renderworks option, I get objects before the cut plane even when that option is unchecked.  I sent the file to Tech Support, I'll DM you the link.  

Thanks for the file.  There is definitely an OpenGL bug in there.  You can, however, get around the issue by using a Renderworks render mode.  Slower, but it works.

Bug filed: VB-169438 - Creating a Section Viewport from a rotated viewport results in incorrect OpenGL Background Render

While preparing the bug report, I noticed this has something to do with the plan viewport's rotation while creating the section from it.  If you create the section from a plan viewport with zero rotation, you won't have the issue.  So, until this is fixed, you could rotate the plan viewport back to zero, create the viewport, then rotate it back. Or (probably better) you could duplicate the viewport, unrotated it, create the section from it, and delete the duplicate plan viewport.

Thanks Matt.  I also noticed that when I switched to a renderworks option (custom, all med, no GI, ambient+AO) and then did a hidden line over it I got the sills of the doorway showing up in the foreground, without the setting to show objects before the section line checked.  

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, grant_PD said:

Thanks Matt.  I also noticed that when I switched to a renderworks option (custom, all med, no GI, ambient+AO) and then did a hidden line over it I got the sills of the doorway showing up in the foreground, without the setting to show objects before the section line checked.  

Interesting.  I tried this in your file and it affects both section viewports.  I'll look into this and with add this case to the bug report or add a new one.