Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette Labeling/Dimensioning

Hi there,

I am trying my hand at some Marionette scripting and here is what I am trying to accomplish.

Would like to create an extruded rectangle and then give it dimensions which can be viewable in the Top/Plan view as well as in an Elevation view.

I have no problem with drawing and extruding the rectangle, but here are my challenges thus far:

-I am using two dimension inputs to create my rectangle (one for width and one for height). Ideally I am making a single text box that says  " 4'X8' ". Is there a convenient way to get my rectangle dimensions into a single text object? Right now I can get width into a text object and I can get length into a text object, but I can't get them both simultaneously.

-When I do get my dimensions into a text object their dimensional values aren't represented. For instance they will read 48.00 as opposed to 4' or 48". Is there a way to correct/change this?

-Lastly I am having a hard time getting my text to orient both in 2D and 3D. On the 2D front my text is centering on the rectangle based on the text's insertion point, which is left justified and not necessarily the center of the text bounding box (which is what I really want). On the 3D front I am just generally having a hard time orienting the text in a way that is visible in a 3D view. It tends to lie flat as opposed to standing like I would like.

I am pretty new to Marionette so I am sure some of this is basics that I may be missing. I've searched through the forums pretty extensively and it looks like there have been conversations about this type of thing, but no clear solutions that I came across.

Thanks so much!