Garage door height

This may not help, but since garage slabs generally slope I always use a Roof Face instead of a Floor or Slab. I then set the wall in which the overhead door/s is/are to Bottom Offset = -6" (eg), and lower the doors by the same amount.

This works for me because I do not use Stories, and do not bind any objects to any other objects (in other words, no BIM for me).

Thanks for the workaround Perter. Unfortunately, I have entered into the world of stories on this one. It is confounding that you wouldn't be able to set the sill height of a door, especially a garage door. It seems that many of the BIM functions in Vectorworks require some workaround. It's a frustrating set-up. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
47 minutes ago, CipesDesign said:

There are actually 2 (two! wow that's some bad UI design) Height Fields in the OIP for a Door. The one nearest the top of the list controls the Height relative to Layer Z; the one further down (just above Width) controls the size (height) of the door. I hope that helps.

What he said.  🙂