Solar animation time text in vw2020 is doubled text

Anyone have a solution to doubled text in a solar animation time-title?  Looks like this:

image.thumb.png.640967f9d99e181dc231a44a9b803574.png

It looks like the text is casting a shadow., but there is no object actually below the left 80% of the text.

BTW, I attempted to search for community posts on the topic "Heliodyne AND 2020 AND solar animation."  It returned something like 180,000 items.  Someone needs to fix the search engine on this board!

• 3 weeks later...

After consulting with tech support and doing a lot of testing, it seems like this is a combination of font, object fill, and GDI+imaging.

What the image shows is my preferred font (Tekton Pro, which is an .otf font) superimposed on Arial, which is a default font that appears when Tekton won't display properly.    There has been a problem for several years with GDI and Tekton, and I've heard, all .otf fonts.  Turn on GDI, and Tekton is rendered as Arial.  Why both of them appear in this circumstance is a mystery, but there it is.

The fix is to create the animation with "None" class set to solid fill.  For some reason, the problem doesn't occur with those settings.

To add to the confusion, the fix does not work in my file, which was converted from vw2017 to vw2020.  So for this file I am changing my default font to a non-.otf font for solar animations.

• Like 2