Creating a 3d object from image

Hi

How do I create an object in Vectorworks from this image that I can import to other 3d model files.

Ive tried just importing the image to the Vectorworks file of the theatre but when I export the Vectorworks file the images don't appear.

Qk4afZi.png

Your easiest option is going to use the Model menu to create an Image Prop. If the transparent area is an alpha channel, your will get the image in your model rather quickly.

When you export, it will be a polygon with a texture applied. I'm not sure you the import process will deal with the transparent section correctly.

If you need to create the geometry, I would use Illustrator to find the path and then export/import as dxf. You can then manually apply the texture. If you convert the image prop to group, you should be able to manually copy over the scale to get the texture to map properly.

16 hours ago, JBenghiat said:

Your easiest option is going to use the Model menu to create an Image Prop. If the transparent area is an alpha channel, your will get the image in your model rather quickly.

I can see Image Prop in the Model menu but its not highlighted so I can't select it