domer1322

texture beds and classes

I'm puzzled .... if I put a texture bed in class 'A' on a DTM and then turn off the class 'A', it seems the DTM still shows the texture bed, even after updating.  I was trying different options, so I want to have different texture beds on the DTM and easily be able to toggle between options.  Is there a method to do this ?       Am I just not seeing things correctly ?

Put them on different design layers instead. Then adjust the Site Model settings - set it to be affected by modifiers on visible layers only. Then you can control the visibility of the layers and update the model.

This is also a great method for troubleshooting any site modifiers. It's the first thing I do when people send me models-in-a-mess. Move everything onto a separate layer and work through each in turn.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You might be able to accomplish what you're after by putting the different texture beds on different layers (not classes), and using "Use Site Modifiers on:" ->  "Visible Layers Only" option in Site Model Settings 

image.thumb.png.db1cd338712fc0fb336901587bd8de6b.png

EDIT: @Tamsin Slatter beat me to it.

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

thank you so much for helping out ....   as usual, it was something I just didn't understand.

• Like 1