SP3.1 Crashing issues

Dubman

Question

I've just updated to the service pac 3.1 a couple days ago. This first day I had no problems, today with in 3 hours of 2D editing it crashed twice & the most recent auto back up was not there & lost 20 minutes of work. First time it makes both monitors go black and had to force re-boot at computer. Just now, my second monitor that was displaying a PDF of the original set of drawings came back on long enough for me to photo the error message. See attached. Strange thing, after restarting the first crash I tried opening the most recent VW backup file & it gave me a memory error & did not open, never had this before.

Also I am at home using my home office computer, not the one listed in my signature. This one is as listed below;

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7-3770 cpu 3.40GHz

32.0 GB installed memory

64 bit Operating System

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITIAN Black

HP ZR24w Wide LCD (main) & HP 22eb monitors

VW & RW 2020 SP3.1 64 bit

Also, my Display setting is on Good Performance & Compatibility   and now switching it to Best Compatibility to see if this helps.

I just found out I lost about an hour of work this time & auto back up is not working with this crash. I have my backup set to 15 minutes & the most recent file in my backup folder is from over 45 minutes ago.

How do I go back to the most recent service pack, this one is giving me problems?

20200401_112518.jpg

Edited by Dubman

9 answers to this question

Juan, see attached for DxDiag text doc.  Thanks for letting me know how to switch back to previous version. I've changed the display setting, have nothing else open, & still every so often the screen go blank while working on an object. Which is usually what it did before crashing, so I just saved then selected a different layer & had to recenter the page & it was all there, then changed back to design layer that I was working on. Everything in my computer & VW file are the same I've been using for past 5 days working from home.   Thanks for any help with this matter. I'm now going to switch back to previous service pack version so I can use the middle Display setting like I always do & have other things open. FYI, I always do a Windows update & GPU update each day I start the computer.

DxDiag 4-1-20.txt

Well I should have switch back to the 2. what the previous was, instead I tried switching back to the SP-3.0 & just now another crash, no warning & lost a half hour of work. I'm now going to switch back to the SP 2s & I am done for the day!

Update - after switching the SP3.0 back to 2.2 everything worked fine during 1 hour of continuous work on the same file and with the display set to Best Performance & Best Compatibility & a 3148 kb PDF file open on the other monitor for reference.

Update - after un-installing the graphic driver & reinstalling it, then resetting the NVIDIA control panel settings to VW program settings, today, after working for 4-1/2 straight hours I had no issues. I did this graphics driver re-install after seeing issues in the Event Viewer with NVIDIA LocalSystem Container Manager. I also updated VW back to SP3.1.

It must of been something with the latest NVIDIA update.

Still not sure, but as anybody that works with computers as much as I do each day can bring new issues that you must learn how to resolve or work around.

I'm very thankful for this VW forum to get help from other users!

I spoke to soon, VW just crashed again. I have even switched back to one monitor just in case the GPU could not handle everything. I know I'm pushing this older computer, my work house listed below is at my office so I'm now stuck using this older one at home. I've this one a lot last year & up to the past few days with no problems.

And yes the BIOS is up to date.

Attached are the crash logs.

Vectorworks Log.txt VW User Log Sent.txt VW User Log.txt VW Crash REPORT 4-4-20.pdf