Lighting legend - edit fixture names

To that point, is there a quick primer that explains the usage and best practices of the various naming fields in the Light Info Record? 

3D Symbol Name

Model Name

Instrument Type

Fixture ID

I don't use LW and generally don't get too involved with worksheets anymore, so having a  clear guide as to what the fields are for and where that data will show up would be helpful when creating new symbols.    

@JBenghiat can you write down the way to edit the Lighting Symbol Maintenance menu command.

i thought i tryed all i could find, but not sure how to get to edit the Model Name (thats the onl name i didnt change till now).

Thank you very much!

All i find is this (see picture), but dont know how to edit...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-01 um 18.14.09.png

Edited by marcuswimmer
bring in a screenshot

@scott moore

3D Symbol Name - This is a vestigial field from on old idea. You can ignore this or use it to store anything you wish.

Model Name - The Instrument Summary displays this field. This is intended to be more of a specification — if I was using a worksheet as the starting place for a shop order, I would use this field's data. e.g. ETC Source Four 10° w/ double clutch

Instrument Type - What would appear in hookups and schedules. Usually more succinct, e.g. S4 10. This field is usually what syncs to the type field in Lightwright.

Fixture ID - This is the type identifier that gets passed to Vision, as well as the lookup value for the fixture mode pulldown in the OIP.

@marcuswimmer

Go to Spotlight>Reports>Lighting Symbol Maintenance...

• Like 3