Hi there, I am trying to import a dwg file, of a survey from an architect. I have created a new file in Vectorworks 2019. I check and uncheck all of the necessary fields in import options. When I finally click ok. it goes through the process of importing. It then says document imported ok but there is nothing there. Am I doing something obviously wrong. Is there anyone that could help. Many thanks.

If the import was successful, there should be a new design layer in your drawing that is the name of the imported file.  And that layer should be active.  There will also - probably - be a huge number of new classes.  If necessary make all of them visible.

If all that is true, then Edit > Select All.  Look at the top of the OIP.  It should say #### Objects, where #### is the number of objects in the drawing.

What usually happens with surveys is the part you're interested in is drawn miles away from the drawing origin.  And often there is something else, maybe just a line, drawn a similar distance from the origin but in the opposite direction.  So if you zoom out so all the objects of the drawing are visible, then the site you are looking for is less than one pixel of screen real estate.  

So the drawing looks blank.

Try drawing marquees in the corners to see if you can select anything and then zoom to fit.

When that doesn't work you can post the dwg here or send it to me in a PM and we'll take a look at it.

• Like 2