Imported Object Mess

I have downloaded a piece of furniture from a suppliers online catalogue, 3ds format, imported into my model. It is very 'heavy' manipulating it around, and looks messy as hell visually. Is their a method to optimise objects like this, clean them, smooth the meshes, make it more friendly if you like ? file and screenshot attached, tia 2034565227_Screenshot2020-04-01at12_59_29.thumb.png.97c02ff092dc0530b192d423685ebba5.png

Chair Mesh Mess.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I've had a look at your file. The seat of the chair is a group - if you edit the group, you will find it comprises many, many 3D Polygons. Select them all, and run Modify > Convert > Convert to Mesh. This will create a single object, which Vectorworks may prefer.

With any mesh, there is also a command Modify > Simplify Mesh, which will enable you to reduce the number of vertices. But be careful with a small object like this. Simplifying will obviously also reduce the detail in the object by creating fewer surfaces/points on the object.

Renderworks will also make it look better.

• Like 1