Number of cores        6 (max 6)
    Number of threads    12 (max 12)
    Name            Intel Core i7 8750H
    Codename        Coffee Lake
    Specification        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Memory Type            DDR4
Memory Size            32 GBytes
Channels            Dual
Memory Frequency        1330.5 MHz (1:20)

Graphics card NVIDIA Gforce GTX 1060, 6gb memory

Edited by Walter Lutzu
  • 2 weeks later...

Im also seeing this problem on my PC. Im running the latest version of Vision that I reinstalled last week.

I do notice that when the update screen comes up I do get "Computing Hashes (%)" above the progress bar and it proceeds to go from 1 to 100%.

Once the text above the progress bar changes from "Computing Hashes" to "Downloading Updates" the updater freezes and does not progress further. It does not crash the program, I can just hit the cancel button and return to the program.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@AWaters  @J Monroe @gmanson 

What we have been seeing based on the reports is that this happens when there are no updates, but we can't reproduce the problem.

As a test, it you are up for it, try moving Lights.wad located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vectorworks 2020\Library\ to another location and then run the Vision updater.

Post if the update succeeds or still hangs.

This will help tell us if you are having a problem connecting to the update server or if we having problems updating the file.

It will also confirm you have permission to modify the folder.

If after running the update the the Lights.wad file is not back, put your original one back so you can continue to use Vision.

Is anyone having this problem on the Mac?

1 hour ago, klinzey said:

@AWaters  @J Monroe @gmanson 

What we have been seeing based on the reports is that this happens when there are no updates, but we can't reproduce the problem.

As a test, it you are up for it, try moving Lights.wad located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vectorworks 2020\Library\ to another location and then run the Vision updater.

Post if the update succeeds or still hangs.

This will help tell us if you are having a problem connecting to the update server or if we having problems updating the file.

It will also confirm you have permission to modify the folder.

If after running the update the the Lights.wad file is not back, put your original one back so you can continue to use Vision.

Is anyone having this problem on the Mac?

I did this and, like JMonroe, it didn't fix the Update problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We were finally able to reproduce the issue in-house after resetting just about everything in Windows 10 back to the defaults. We are trying to figure our what windows settings needs to be changed or what needs to be changed with the updater to make sure it has proper permissions to update the library.