PeterYip

Set all object to layer plane

Every now and then I copy a bunch of things from other 2d drawings, some in group, and some in symbols etc.

When I am turning these draw into a 3D model, often when I decompose them a lot of them will became screen plane, I was wondering is there a quick way to turn everything into layer plane ? plugins or Marionette ?

Many thanks

The quickest way I know is to use the Custom Modification command from the Tools Menu and set the selection criteria to Plane > Screen.  Then change everything to Layer in the Object Properties box that appears. 

You can make sure that it looks inside groups as well.....

You can also set the tool to create a script which will semi-automate the process after that.

• Like 1

there was a nice free plug in that turns all screen objects to layer plane  it was on a site called vectorcad or something like that......someone will know on the forum

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/54674-screen-plane-only/&do=findComment&comment=281672

try this

13 hours ago, markdd said:

The quickest way I know is to use the Custom Modification command from the Tools Menu and set the selection criteria to Plane > Screen.  Then change everything to Layer in the Object Properties box that appears. 

You can make sure that it looks inside groups as well.....

You can also set the tool to create a script which will semi-automate the process after that.

Thanks, thats perfect.

Posted (edited)

I downloaded the script was not able to get it to run on VW2019. The workspace editor doesn't see it

Edited by Jim Smith

@Jim Smith Yes it does work. Haven't test it much but from what I have tried it works perfectly.

If you follow the instruction, and just place the 2 vsm file in the plug-ins folder it should comes up in workspace editor.

@PeterYip @Phil hunt I see what the issue was. In the documentation the suggestion is to look for the Menu header with the name of:

´panta rhei'

Finding the Plug-in "Object to Screen Plane" or "Objects to Layer Plane" does the trick & it works like a charm, THANKS!