HPDJ500 not printing selected layers with VW11

I have recently installed a new designjet 500 24" Plotter with the expanded memory to 160MB. Also I am using Dj500ps driver and selected 500PS24+HPGL2 Card specifically. The Plotter is USB printing through a Print Server device installed locally on my PC. Installing directly to my USB doesn't change the outcome

I also have a reliable designjet 350C that is faultless on the same print jobs.

I am having trouble printing selected layers to this 500 Plotter. I can print all layers if I select them all.

If I don't select all then only some layers are printed, not all chosen layers, and sometimes even layers I haven't chosen.

I had assumed that what I see on my monitor is what is printed to the plotters. Is this true or is there another step to specify which layers are printed to the printer that my already appear on the monitor.

[Confused]

HP Designjet Print Drvier v. 5.34

I hear there is a more recent driver with a lower number??? Couldn't find it on the HP site.

I haven't tried Gray only.

Help me understand this. If I set the layers feature to only show me the layers I want on the monitor, do I have to do anything else to have it print that way too? Do I also have to select which layers are printed despite what's displayed on the monitor?

Go to HP.com and click on support and drivers.

Then type in Design Jet 500.

Select it from the list.

You'll be redirected to the download page which you'll need to select the printer again.

Then click on Download Drivers on the right side.

That will take you to a download page. YOu'll need to scroll down and select the OS you are using to get the correct driver.

I am their IT support for their network and I believe I have the correct drivers installed - mentioned above. The plotter prints many documents properly yet some it won't print the layers correctly. My Client is unable to use the Plotter and has to resort to his older 350 model to print selected Layers. It would appear to be a driver or VW issue but I can't narrow it down.

What is frustrating is my client can't use the plotter he purchased.

[Frown]