second copy of Vision

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As long as you have a professional license for Vision you should be just fine to install on the second laptop.  You are permitted to install and activate Vision with a serial number on 2 machines. Because of the COVID-19 situation we have also automatically allowed for an additional activation. If you have any issues activating please contact tech support directly.

My version is Educational. i have tried to download with the serial number from the original installation but get the message "invalid serial number".

Should I uninstall the original download first?

I have also completed the form for a Educational Lab License but have not yet received a reply.

@Ronroamer The "invalid serial number" is strange. Try manually entering the serial number to make sure you don't have any leading spaces or trailing characters.

Serial numbers are also version specific so make sure you have a serial number that matches the version you are using.

If you are still having issues I would call or email tech support if possible. They and quickly validate the serial number or see if there is a problem.

Resolving serial number issues without posting the serial number online makes things more difficult.

The situation: I downloaded Vision 2020 to my older laptop only to find out that the system requirements were not sufficient for Vision. I purchased a new computer and downloaded Vectorworks 2020 Educational version successfully. 

So - I have tried again to install Vision 2020 and the two attachments show the results after downloading and trying to install. The serial number from my original download is VISION-USFX2S-xxxxx-007054 under the name Ronald Wilson.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by klinzey
Removed serial number

@Ronroamer OK. I couldn't get it to pass the validation check in the application or the installer. I've asked someone to look at the issue and will see if customer service can issue you a new serial number while we figure out what's going on.

• Like 1