Count Symbols Worksheet?

Hi Wes. Glad that was helpful.

To add more criteria right click on the data base row header and click edit criteria.

image.thumb.png.e9c9ee06ac590f32a708592302ec60a2.png

For the downpipe worksheet it is just the same process as for the symbol count worksheets except instead if selecting "Symbol" as the criteria select "Extrude" and for the columns instead of selecting "Count" and "Symbol Name" functions select "Length".

If you want to list the DP's and their respective lengths then you will need an identifier for each downpipe. One simple way to do this (there are various ways) is by simply selecting a downpipe and at the bottom of the OIP type in a name for the object such as "DP1". Then as well as selecting "Length" for your worksheet columns also select the "Name" function. The name I think has to be a unique name for that object that is not otherwise present in the file.

image.thumb.png.bfef2562fd9b67350741a1c5caf48bf8.png

image.thumb.png.c25cf6015ffb55513e5bb1e139f4f93b.png

Edit: Note also Wes that you can add additional data base rows to existing worksheets so all your symbol count lists could be in the same worksheet. You can do this either by right clicking on a row header and turn it into a database row and then from there right click on it again and edit criteria.

Alternatively at the bottom of the "Create Report" dialogue there is an option to append a new report to an extg worksheet.

image.thumb.png.1fd5ba7cc56e39784174a94732d07555.png

Edited by Boh
  • 10 months later...

Hello

I drawing up 2 different plans but in the same workspace but each on its own design layer.  They are same objects but in a different configuration basically. Is there a way to reference the symbol count only to a specific design layer?  Currently when I do a symbol count it counts all the symbols in the entire drawing and not the layer I'm working on.

As in I know 1 designer has 24 symbols and the other has 46 and it is giving me the total of 70, but I want to be able to have the worksheet on sheet layer show only 24 on one plan and 36 on the other.

Does that make sense?

For Option 1 you will  get a count of only 1 design layer. So you either need to make separate worksheets to count in other dls or have additional data base rows in the same worksheet for each dl you want to count in.

i.e. Option 2 might be better depending on what you need to do.

@Pat StanfordNice to know I give the same advice as the experts!

8 hours ago, Boh said:

Right click on data base row header, select edit criteria, add an extra criteria to limit count to selected design layer or

add an additional column with =L as the formula. Summarise by this column and it will count symbols in each layer

😊

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Make sure the formula in cell A2 is =COUNT

Click on the Disclosure triangle in column B2 and select SUMmarize Items.

All of the objects with identical values in Column B will collapse to a single subrow and Column A will give you the count of the items that are collapsed into the single row.  You will get a Sigma symbol showing in the disclosure triangle box so you know that column has been SUMmarized.

HTH

image.png.98abcb36d028189a78cb65a2dea44a0c.pngimage.png.bd7a014c75a2c55570b7a95f839a4855.png

• Like 1