Viewport

Johalperin

Question

Viewports show up with the drawing grayed on the screen.  It looks the way the drawing looks when you have to exit a group, for example -- When I try to print them, there is nothing in the crop.  I have all the layers on, it has "unified layer" on, I know there's some simple thing but cannot find it to fix.  HELP.  Have wasted a whole day.

5 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Johalperin said:

Viewports show up with the drawing grayed on the screen.  It looks the way the drawing looks when you have to exit a group, for example -- When I try to print them, there is nothing in the crop.  I have all the layers on, it has "unified layer" on, I know there's some simple thing but cannot find it to fix.  HELP.  Have wasted a whole day.

16 hours ago, Boh said:

What sort of viewports are they? If section viewports do they simply need updating?

Happy to have a look if you can share the file.

16 hours ago, Boh said:

What sort of viewports are they? If section viewports do they simply need updating?

Happy to have a look if you can share the file. Just regular plan drawings, 2D

@Johalperin @Johalperin 

16 hours ago, Boh said:

16 hours ago, Boh said:

Thank you for answering.  They are just top/plan 2D viewports.  I don't know how to send the file, plus it such a mess I would be embarrassed.

I think there is a setting somewhere that has turned on and is making the viewports grayed out but I cannot figure out what it is.

I am thinking of starting over, copying and pasting everything to one layer (the Design Layer -- right now I have a few layers with

drawings on each) and seeing what happens.  Also to try going to backup copies when it was working correctly.

@Johalperin Just a guess, but perhaps your viewport is set to display (some of) the design layers as gray instead of completely visible.  Try adjusting the layer visibility settings for your Sheet Layer Viewport.

1.  Navigate to your sheet layer and select the viewport.

2. In the OIP click the Layers button. This opens the Viewport Layer Properties dialog.

3. The dialog displays a list of all design layers in the drawing file.

A. To the right of the list are 3 columns (unlabeled, sorry).

B. Left hand column is for Visible, middle column is Invisible, right column is gray.

C. A click in any column will display an icon indicating the setting for that design layer.

4. For each layer in the list, click in the appropriate column to show/hide/gray that design layer.

5.  Changing these settings does not affect anything on the design layers or other viewports.  It only controls display of objects in this VP.

The OIP class button for the ViewPort has a similar arrangement to control class visibility of objects shown in the vp.

As with the layers, changing these visibility settings does not affect the objects in the design layers or in other viewports.

The Class Properties dialog also has a class override feature which allows edit of class attributes displayed in the VP (does not affect class settings elsewhere in the drawing).

OK. Tell us whether you get it working. Definitely post back if this is not the issue.

-B

VP Layer visibility.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
drilling in
  • Like 1