Another morning, another round of 'Where will my windows be"

jda

Question

My snarky rant for a Friday morning - for just how many more years are VW going to ignore the multiple monitor bug?  I get so tired of shuffling randomly placed windows and pallets every time I restart.  It can't be that difficult to remember where windows are supposed to be, since every other program on earth has been able to do it since 1984.  

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

The last time I chased this I think I linked it to using Spaces on the Mac. I thought (I think?) that when I turned Spaces off, then VW correctly responded to multiple monitors. With Spaces turned on I had a hard time getting windows to open on the monitor I wanted them to be on.

Unfortunately, I like spaces enough that I am living with problem. 😞

@Pat Stanford This happens in Windows as well. 

@jda I switch between a few different monitor situations because my main machine is a laptop so I have home/work/school/couch situation depending on where I"m working.  I end up setting up different work spaces to meet my pallet needs.  However, if I'm not diligent, then my pallets will end up in all kinds of different locations if I use the wrong work space/monitor setup.

All that to say that I share your pain.