Forum wish/improvements ?

Hi,

Wouldn't it be great to also post (small) images along with your messages. This way some questions could easily be explained. Wouldn't it also be great to have a Gallery section? Especially with the new render options, I bet there are some nice pictures on the way!! People can also ask for comment on their pictures. Just like SU and Maxwell forums for example.

Regards,

Peter

These are my ideas for the forum.

Step 1.

I am sure the forums tie up valuable time of already busy techs, so like other forums some volunteer moderators should be put in place who can undertake straightforward tasks like these below.

1. It would be very beneficial for new people to have a dedicated forum on the board, call it a "New to VW knowledge bank" or similar where answers to the basic setup questions are stored, plus new threads covering often asked beginner questions.

This would help new people a lot and it would also help the board as they can be quickly directed to this forum

2. A bug forum, where known bugs and gliches can be posted so time after time people do not have to stumble upon the same problems.

3. The knowledge bank /FAQ forum needs to be regularly updated with answers to common tech questions, like " How to make a plot file" etc, etc

The forums are a much appreciated resource, lets make them better. [smile]

[ 11-03-2005, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

quote:

Originally posted by Viper x:

The forums are a much appreciated resource, lets make them better.
[smile]

I have to say one thing I appreciate, especially when compared to other large software companies, is the ability to discuss things directly with Nemetschek people. My workmates almost wouldn't believe me when I said I was discussing VW 12 with the CEO (Sean) the other day. Nemetschek are to be commended for this. [smile]

[ 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Christiaan ]