Tilt-and-Turn Windows & Window Schedule

Shaheen G.

Question

I'm trying to create a single window with multiple sashes having varying operability for each sash:

ie) ± 9' wide rough opening for (3) 3' wide windows - (left hinged tilt-n-turn window, fixed window, right hinged tilt-n-turn window). 

1st issue:

I can't mirror the orientation of the tilt-turn window when they are all ganged together. I can only make a left hinged tilt/turn, fixed, left hinged tilt/turn. Is there any way to mirror each window sash independently without having to explode the window into 3 separate windows?

I had just been making the two outside windows casements as a work around, but this is messing up my window schedule and types.

2nd issue:

When I create a smart window schedule (pulling info from the windows in the plans), is there any way for the "Sash Operation" column/record to state the actual different sash operations used for each window instead of it just saying "custom"?

FYI - Im using VW 2020.

See attached screenshots

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.23.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.25.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.25.57 AM.png

4 answers to this question

For your question on the schedule, Yes, you can modify what is said using an IF statement. Exactly how will depend on where you are storing the information on the operation. You may have to manually add that information to one of the user fields.

Right now that column has a formula something like:

='Window'.'Operation'

Change it to something like:

=IF('Window'.'Operation'='Custom', 'Window'.'UserField1', 'Window'.'Operation')

The above say if the Operation is reporting as Custom then fill the cell with the value of UserField1 otherwise fill the cell with the value of the Operation field.

I don't have VW open right now to check exact record/field names. Hopefully this is close enough.

@michaelk and I showed something almost exactly like this in our worksheet session at the 2019 Design Summit.

Ask again if you need more assistance.