Extrude along path

LeeElston

Question

9 answers to this question

Guest Frank Brault

In the view that you show, you can move the profile relative to the origin to set the profile exactly as you wish. For instance if the profile that you show represented floor moulding, you would move the polygon so that the bottom left corner aligned with the local origin (0,0)

Hope this helps...

Frank, Thanks but I appreciate you can move it once in position but I want to know if you can set the origin first... I am adding skirtings and there are lots of sections and I have to reposition each one individually after its been inserted, when if I could set the origin in the profile then copy it, it would save a lot of operations...

You're not missing anything. It would be such a huge time-saver if you could specify the origin before completing the command.

Of course you can use the Fix Profile, but this requires you to actually line up the 2 objects in the correct orientation which is often tricky....

26 minutes ago, markdd said:

You're not missing anything. It would be such a huge time-saver if you could specify the origin before completing the command.

Of course you can use the Fix Profile, but this requires you to actually line up the 2 objects in the correct orientation which is often tricky....

Mark is correct. I would say setting up fix profile and getting everything aligned first is more work then adjusting the profile after running the command.