Palette, Window, & Worksheet Issues

I am currently running VW 11.5.1 with a Nvidia Quadro 4 750 XGL Video Card (I have encountered this problem with all versions of the video driver); this problem occurs in all files that I open.

I am now unable to do the following tasks in any workspace: Open/Close Additional Palettes (Specifically troublesome when dealing with the 3D Tools Palette), Switch between Multiple Drawings from the Window Menu (can still do it from the File Menu), Open a worksheet from the Window Menu (can still navigate to the appropriate layer & double click to open a worksheet).

I now have 2 workspaces that I switch between when I work in 3D vs. non-3D because I cannot open additional palettes. I was only able to make the workspace with the 3D tools by opening a coworker's copy of the program with my workspace and saving a copy of the workspace after opening the palette...

I've reinstalled VW & my Display Drivers, but nothing remedies the problem. Is there any other solution I can try? Does anyone even have a clue as to what the issue might be? Please let me know ASAP!

Yes, this problem occurs in the Standard, Landmark, and my own customized workspace.

If you have any idea what may be causing this--is it memory-related, video-related, etc--I would be extremely grateful. My firm is about to buy 12, but we would like to have problems like this fixed before we upgrade.

What OS version are you using?

What version of the driver do you have installed?

What happens when you try to do the tasks?

Do you get an error message?

[ 11-04-2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Katie,

Don't know if your last post was for me or JX1BR59,

but here is my setup:

WinXP SP1 (Haven't installed SP2 yet because I understand that it breaks VW v10.x)

2G RAM with 2 monitors

NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL driver v4.3.5.1

I have been having other problems with this driver unrelated to VW, but have been waiting for VW 12 this fall to update my whole system.

I chimed in this thread because of the similarity of the NVIDIA cards, not because I expect NNA to help me with my problems until I upgrade everything.

But thanks for your interest.

I have the NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL.

I don't have the same issues JX1BR59 has, but when I zoom in and out with the mouse 'ctrl' wheel the background of the VW window (not the drawing area) goes black, so that I cannot see or read the menus.

If the window is not maximized, the whole window will grow and shrink instead of zooming the drawing area.

What OS version are you using?

Windows XP - Service Pack 2 (same as my coworkers, none of whom are experiencing this problem)

What version of the driver do you have installed?

Currently I have downgraded to NVidia Quadro4 750 XGL 3.0.8.2, but I first experienced the problem with 6.7.2.2 and rolled back down to see if that would fix it. (Again, none of my coworkers with similar settings are experiencing this problem; they're running 6.7.2.2.)

ETA--I went to the NVidia Website and installed version 7.1.8.4 b/c it was Nemetschek certified for Allplan...still getting the same problem!!!

What happens when you try to do the tasks? Do you get an error message?

No error message, the tasks simply won't happen. I could go to the Window Menu all day long and try to switch to a different open document, try to open a worksheet, or try to open/close a palette and nothing will happen at all.

Could it be memory-related? My computer has older memory than my coworkers. Do you think it's a hardware or software problem? I can't replicate it on the other officee machines. I can take my workspace to any other computer and it works fine.

[ 11-07-2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: JX1BR59 ]

I think it has to do with hardware on the computer with the problems. It could be from lack of memory. I think it's more likely the vid card is bad or the connection between the card and the processor are going bad.

Is it possible to change out video cards from another computer to yours to see if the problem persists?

Is everything else about the computers the same? (mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc)

[ 11-07-2005, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]