Hello Community!

This Saturday, April 11, from 9am – 1pm EDT we will be performing maintenance on the Vectorworks Community Board. During this time, the site will be unavailable.

Riley Casey

VW 2020 SP2 won't update to SP3

Question

Posted (edited)

The Message Center in the menu bar tells me that SP3 for VW2020 is available so I use the Check for Updates function under the Vectorworks menu. The menu title turn blue for a moment and tells me that Vectorworks is up to date. Checking the About Vectorworks menu item it clearly says I am running version 2020 SP2.  I try the blue Download Now link in the message center and all I get is a press release about SP3 changes.  Any idea how to fix this?  I'm running the Spotlight version.

VW2020 update fail.png

Edited by Riley Casey

8 answers to this question

Multiple restarts don't change the behavior and the 2020 update page is blank, not even SP1 or SP2 listed.

I don't know how I got there, but I downloaded the Mac version last week. @JuanP Is there a direct download link for SP3? Or is the only way to get it via check for updates?

Hi, I had the same problem and contacted support : here is how to solve this.

Go to : C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2020\Vectorworks 2020 Updater

and manually run Vectorworks 2020 Updater.exe

kind regards

Thanks for the reminder about the Vectorworks 2020 Updater in the application folder but upon running that the only option I get is to "update" the Updater which then runs a progress bar and promptly closes itself.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Hmm... In my case the updater updated itself and after that it launched the update... Sorry if that was not helpful for you ... 

I got also no available update for VW on Windows (Mac was ok)

I also started the Updater exe manually and it had to update itself first.

AFAIK it came back after that and offered the VW update.

I am having the same problem, I don't see the updates at all. And the updater tells me that I am up to date........ But still working in SP2.2