Plant tags need their own class

chrisinoz

Question

Hi guys,

I find the plant tags being synonymous with the plant objects a real issue for a few reasons. 

1. If using colour fills, leaders sit behind other objects requiring me to go over the leaders with an additional line drawn over the top

2. If I want to to display a tree without the tag in a viewport I am unable to do so, so will have to draw another tree over the top of the existing and then remove the tree class from the viewport. 

If the plant tags could be brought to top of drawings or be able to switched off in a viewport this would improve workflows. Cheers.

1 answer to this question

I would recommend abandoning the plant tag, and using the data tag introduced in 2019.  These allow you to label in annotative space, they are also easier to move and adjust as necessary. They can be placed on whatever class you prefer, and there are at least easier and more flexible than the integrated plant tags. You'll find some data about them in the following videos and in the help documentation, though they still have some issues.