TITLE BLOCK no longer updates with 2020 SP3

jberlin

Question

Some Title Block auto text formats no longer update such as Project, Filename.  This text is suppose to update on every title block with the files new saved name.  This is no longer happening as of the sp3 update.

I have deleted it and then added / assigned it and still no updating function.  Other auto text fields are updating.  What is the fix or work around?

7 answers to this question

Not seeing that in SP3 here.

I did have to Edit the Project Data to get the file name to update after I changed it.

Select a Title Block and right click. Choose Edit and then Title Block Layout. You will probably get a warning dialog about editing the Style.

Select the block of text that represents the drawing title. In the Object Info Palette (OIP), make sure the Data Type is set to Link Value and the Parameter to Project Data.Project Name.

Ask again if this does not help.

It used to be automatic, but now highlight Tiltle block, click title block settings, click Project Data, Under file name Check box "Include file path name", it updates a long version of the name, then uncheck the box, and Voila all Title Blocks are now updated with the shortened file name.  This has to be done every time I change the file name.  So yes it is still a bug in my mind when I never had to do that before.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
9 hours ago, jberlin said:

It used to be automatic, but now highlight Tiltle block, click title block settings, click Project Data, Under file name Check box "Include file path name", it updates a long version of the name, then uncheck the box, and Voila all Title Blocks are now updated with the shortened file name.  This has to be done every time I change the file name.  So yes it is still a bug in my mind when I never had to do that before.

Hello @jberlin,

I do not think that auto updating of the file name was ever working, when the file name is changed. Anyway, there is an easier way to update the file name for all TBBs in the file by executing Tools->Utilities->Reset all Plug-ins menu command.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

13 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Actually Reset All Plug-ins does not reset the file name. 

I have not been able to script an option to reset it either, but I have not given up yet.

Seems like I have tested this in an earlier build. The update of the File name has been removed from Reset because it was causing some issues.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:23 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Select a Title Block and right click. Choose Edit and then Title Block Layout. You will probably get a warning dialog about editing the Style.

Select the block of text that represents the drawing title. In the Object Info Palette (OIP), make sure the Data Type is set to Link Value and the Parameter to Project Data.Project Name.

Ask again if this does not help.

The Sheet Name and Sheet Number are not linked with Title Block Border, therefore the info is not updating or shows blank if the fields are blank in the Title Block Manager.

It happens with some Title Block Border styles, but not all. 

This happens even with SP3.1

4 hours ago, Liene Cikanovica said:

The Sheet Name and Sheet Number are not linked with Title Block Border, therefore the info is not updating or shows blank if the fields are blank in the Title Block Manager.

It happens with some Title Block Border styles, but not all. 

This happens even with SP3.1

Could you send me a test file showing this issue?