Textures Blank with Custom RW after Changes made in File

willofmaine

Question

So last night I decided to overhaul my televisions, the screens of which use a texture consisting of an image and a glow shader.

My first rendering with custom renderworks, all was good; I knew what I wanted to tweak.  So I tweaked.  But when I re-rendered, all textures were, what, blank?... huh?!?...

Flash forward (through another good chunk of time lost to Vectorworks...) and I've concluded that making a change in the file, such as changing the visibility of a class, or changing a solid, thwarts the ability of Vectorworks to render properly.  I found that changing the Quality settings of the Custom Renderworks Options would resolve the issue... at least until something else in the file was changed.  At which point it would be necessary to yet again edit the Custom Renderworks Options.  A super tedious and somewhat unproductive approach to rendering, to say the least...

I replicated this issue in a brand new, blank file (attached, File 04, along with a video, File 08).  Changing Navigation Graphics makes no difference.

Also, because all of that wasn't frustrating enough, occasionally, the rendering would include inexplicable, extra geometry (video, File 10).  VWIS193

04-Blank Texture with Custom RW-00.vwx

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I had a similar situation yesterday.  Opening a file with OpenGL, and all surfaces were gone.  This happened after installing 2020 SP3 as well as a demo of InteriorCad XS, so either/neither could have been a cause.  My fix was to:

1. Select all classes in Navigation palette in list mode (not in hierarchical mode - because the next step won't work otherwise)

2. Right click on the selected classes and select "Edit..."

3. Select the "Textures" option in the Edit Class(es) window, but don't change anything

4. Click "OK"

I have no idea why this worked or if it is repeatable.  I don't even remember why I tried it.